Success Story: L-1 Blanket Approval for Technology Company in 12 Days
Field: Network security technology
Filing date: January 20, 2015
Approval date: February 2, 2015
Service Center: California Service Center
Processing time: 12 days
W Technologies Co. (“W Tech”) is in the network security technology business and sought an L-1 blanket petition to establish the required intracompany relationship in advance of filing individual L-1 petitions on behalf of its qualified employees. The company is headquartered in the United States, but has branches, subsidiaries, and affiliates across the world. W Tech retained the lawyers at Visatopia to prepare its L-1 blanket petition.
At the first consultation, W Tech expressed its concern that the company did not have many L-1 approvals before filing the L-1 blanket petition. Some of W Tech’s prior L-1 petitions were even denied by USCIS. Although headquartered in the United States, W Tech only has one office in this country. Moreover, some W Tech’s foreign branches’ business volumes were relatively small. The attorneys at Visatopia carefully prepared the petition package to make sure that it was clear to the immigration officer that the company and its branches, subsidiaries, and affiliates met all of the requirements for the L-1 blanket petition, and that its business was presented in the most favorable light. Most importantly, the attorneys showed that the company’s operations in the United States has achieved particularly remarkable combined annual sales.
The attorneys of Visatopia carefully reviewed all probative documents and drafted a detailed petition letter to incorporate all the supporting documents to prove the company’s thriving business, to establish the necessary qualifying relationships, and to show that the international employees’ continuing service would substantially benefit the United States. The petition was approved within 12 days.
The L-1 Blanket petition allows very large companies to pre-qualify transfer of their L-1 employees. Once the L-1 Blanket is approved, the company may transfer people to the U.S. on L-1 visa quickly and on short notice without filing a separate petition for each employee with USCIS. A petitioner that meets the following requirements may file a blanket petition seeking continuing approval of itself or of its parent, branches, subsidiaries and affiliates as qualifying organizations if:
- Petitioner and each of those entities are engaged in commercial trade or services;
- Petitioner has office in the U.S. that has been doing business for one year or more;
- Petitioner has three or more domestic and foreign branches, subsidiaries, or affiliates; AND
d. Petitioner and the other qualifying organizations:
- Have obtained approval of petitions for at least ten “L” managers, executives or specialized knowledge professionals during the previous 12 months; OR
- Have U.S. subsidiaries or affiliates with combined annual sales of at least $25 million; OR
- Have a U.S workforce of at least 1,000 employees.
The attorneys at Visatopia are experts in L1/EB1C petitions. They are dedicated to obtaining the best possible outcome for our clients. If you have any questions about your L1/EB1C case, please e-mail your resume and the sponsoring company’s information email@example.com for a free evaluation.
Read more about L-1 status and Visatopia’s L-1 services:
- L1 Comprehensive Overview
- L1 Frequently Asked Questions
- L1 Flow Chart
- Blanket L1 Procedure
- Binding Policy Guidance from Matter of A-Z-
Read about some of our successful L-1 cases:
- Success Story: L1 Manager Approval for Director of Project Engineering in 13 Days
- Success Story: L1A Approval for CEO of Electronic Accessory Trading Company in 6 Days
- Success Story: L1B Approval in 11 Days for Geologist with Specialized Knowledge
- Success Story: L1 Blanket Approval for Technology Company in 12 Days
- Non-Immigration Visas
- Employer-Sponsored Immigration
- Highly-Achieved Individual Self-Petition
- Business-Oriented Immigration
- Family-Based Immigration
- Change or Adjustment of Status, Immigrant Visa Processing
- Attorney Fees
- Filing Fees