Associate Attorney – Xiaomin (Samantha) Hu
Xiaomin (Samantha) Hu is a licensed attorney in the state of Florida. Ms. Hu has extensive experience in a wide variety of employment-and investment-based immigration, focusing on permanent residence options for foreign investor (EB-5), business -based immigration (EB-1C), nonimmigrant petitions for professional workers, manager and executives (H-1B, L-1).
Ms. Hu earned her Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University in 2008 and graduated summa cum laude in Bachelor of Law (LL.B) from Xi’an University of Technology in 2005. While in law school, Xiaomin was a member of the Rex E. Lee Moot Court Team and Trial Advocacy Program. She was also the International Managing Editor for International Law and Management Review.
Prior to joining Law Offices of Deacon Zhang, Xiaomin worked for Diaz Reus in Miami, FL and Shanghai, China. She has counseled and successfully represented international clients in various matters such as compliance, contracts, investigation, investment and employment dispute. While in law school, Xiaomin also clerked with a full-service immigration firm in Los Angeles.
Xiaomin speaks fluent Chinese and English.
J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, J.D.
Xi’an University of Technology, LL.B
- Co-author: With eyes wide open…, Investing in the Americas Special Report, Asian-Counsel, April 2010.
- Co-author: Latin American infrastructure ripe for Chinese investment, China Business Law Journal, February 2010.
Speeches and Conferences:
- Speaker, “Immigration to the USA through Investment”, CCPIT Pudong branch, Shanghai, 2010
- Speaker, “Workshop: Preventing Money-Laundering in Casinos”, 2nd Annual Global Economic Crime Masterclass Series, Hong Kong, 2010
- Speaker, “Mitigating Risks Involved in International Trade with Latin American Countries”, CCPIT Pudong, Shanghai, 2010.
- Co-presenter, “Workshop: Conducting an Effective and Comprehensive Fraud Investigation to Combat Procurement Fraud within Your Organization,” 2009 Procurement Fraud Seminar, LexisNexis, Shanghai.
- Speaker, “Policy toward Export Processing Zone”, China Economic Review, Shanghai, 2009.
- Co-presenter, “Mock International Arbitration”, 3rd Annual Conference on Dispute Avoidance and Resolution, LexisNexis, Beijing, 2008.
- Speaker, “Immigration to the USA”, American Lifestyle Expo, Hangzhou, 2008
Read more about Visatopia:
- About Us
- Our Mission
- Why Retain Us
- About the Managing Attorney – Daqin Zhang
- Associate Attorney – Xiaomin (Samantha) Hu
- Chen (Cathy) Shen
- Associate Attorney – Mark McLaren
- Jinwen (Emily) Liu
- Of Counsel – Johnson D. William
- Non-Immigration Visas
- Employer-Sponsored Immigration
- Highly-Achieved Individual Self-Petition
- Business-Oriented Immigration
- Family-Based Immigration
- Change or Adjustment of Status, Immigrant Visa Processing
- Attorney Fees
- Filing Fees